WE ARE NOT EXPERTS, BUT WE ARE PASSIONATE.
WE ARE ON A MISSION TO ELIMINATE SINGLE USE PLASTIC.
It started slowly, but it quickly turned into a rush: Politicians were denying climate change. We’d visited a museum plastic exhibit while on a beach camping trip. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch was (thankfully) in the news. We both live close to the ocean and were seeing plastic wash up with the tide every day. We’d been watching great documentaries about plastic (like Bag It) and suddenly, things became very clear.
WE HAVE A PLASTIC PROBLEM. WE DECIDED TO MAKE 5 IMMEDIATE CHANGES:
- We started using silicone food storage bags instead of zip locks that get thrown away.
- We started carrying a stainless steel insulated cup or bottle everywhere, eliminating single use plastic cups.
- We bring reusable bags with us anytime we shop – no more plastic or paper bags needed.
- We bought reusable bamboo silverware sets & left them in the car / our bags – no more plastic silverware.
- We stopped accepting single use plastic bags anytime they’re offered.
These 5 decisions made an immediate, tangible impact on our plastic consumption, with NO inconvenience to us. The only impact to our daily lives was feeling better about the decisions that affect OUR planet. Join us!
We’d love to hear from you!
Ben & Amanda